Andy Hall's Publications
Key media references, research and academic publications of Andy Hall:
- 5th January 2023 – The Edge Malaysia: Friend, foe and whistleblower.
- 8th June 2021 – The Edge Malaysia: Malaysia’s migrant labour conundrum: A conversation with Andy Hall.
- 13th November 2016 – The Bangkok Post: Hall heads for Paris, but fight for rights still goes on.
6th October 2016 – Ministery of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand: Thailand’s Response to the European Parliament’s Resolution on Thailand.
- 29th March 2016 – The Independent: Andy Hall: British human rights activist facing jail in Thailand for exposing sweatshop labour.
- 22nd January 2016 – The Guardian: Human rights in Thailand: Andy Hall’s legal battle to defend migrant workers.
Key Personal Publications by Andy Hall:
- Buiness and Human Rights Resource Centre – UK Seasonal Worker scheme endangers vulnerable foreign workers.
FMT: Letter to the editor – Time to address corruption in migrant worker management.
- Is there any hope left for ethical recruitment certification schemes such as IOM IRIS?
- 5 key issues (root causes) that companies/brands/MSIs participating in yet another Global Forum on Responsible Recruitment #GFRR2022 need to consider to understand properly why ethical recruitment is not becoming a workable reality on the ground.
- 5 key yet simple questions to ask those companies/brands/MSIs participating in yet another Global Forum on Responsible Recruitment #GFRR2022.
- Don’t forget the people behind the PPE – migrant workers meeting the surge in demand for medical gloves.
- Thailand’s migrant workers at risk during pandemic.
- The Role of the Trade Union Movement in the Global Forum on Migration and Development and the Global Compact on Migration: Migration research for lobbying and campaigning (published by FNV Mondiaal).
2012 – 2016
- Columnist Bangkok Post see opinion pieces at: http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/columnist/463.
- Hall, A. (2012) Submission to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination – Thailand’s Adherence to Obligations under the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD): Migrant Worker Policies and Practice.
- Hall, A. (2012) Experiences of Myanmar Migrant Workers in Thailand with the MoU Import Process (IPSR, Nakhon Pathom).Hall, A. (2012) Myanmar and Migrant Workers: Briefing and Recommendations (IPSR, Nakhon Pathom).
- Hall, A (2012) Thai Health Care Leaves Migrant Workers in Cold (Mahidol Migration centre, Mizzima).
- Hall, A. (2011) ‘Migration and Thailand: Policy, Perspectives and Challenges’ in Huguet, J. and Chamratrithirong, A. (Eds.) Migration for Development in Thailand: Overview and Tools for Policymakers (IOM, Bangkok).
- Archavanitkul, K. and Hall, A. (2011) ‘Migration Workers and Human Rights in a Thai Context’ in Huguet, J. and Chamratrithirong, A. (Eds.) Migration for Development in Thailand: Overview and Tools for Policymakers (IOM, Bangkok).Hall, A. (2011) Migrant Workers, Social Protection and ASEAN (FES/MFA, Manila).Hall, A. (Ed.) (2011) Snap Shot Stories from Invisible Trafficking Victims: 10 Case Studies for the UN Special Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons (IPSR, Nakhon Pathom).
- Hall, A. (2011) Thailand and Irregular Migration Policy (submission to the UN Migrant Rights Committee Day of Discussion on Irregular Migration, Geneva, 19th Sept).
- Hall, A. (2011) Global Financial Institutions: Thai Policy and Practice (ALNI, Bangkok).
- Hall, A. (2011) ‘Low Skilled Migration and Thailand: Prospects for 2011’ in Hall, A. (eds.) Mahidol Migrant Center Newsletter Edition 2, 1st July.
- Hall, A. (2011) ‘Thailand’s Low Skilled Migration Policy: Progress and Challenges’ in Hall, A. (eds.) Mahidol Migrant Center Newsletter Special Edition, 19th September.
- Hall, A. (2011) ‘Migration Management in Thailand Reaches a Crossroads’ Nation, 4th May.
- Hall, A. (2010) ‘Positive U-Turn but Still No Long Term Solutions’ Bangkok Post, 22nd Apr 2010.
- Hall, A. (2010) ‘Golden Chance to Boost Migration Policies’ Bangkok Post, 17th Dec 2010.
- Hall, A., (2010) ‘Guilt Lies with Thais, Not Migrant Workers’ Bangkok Post, 4th Oct 2010.Hall, A. (2010) ‘Life is no easier for legal Burmese migrants’ Nation, 10th Sept 2010.
- Hall, A. (2010) ‘Lost Faces in Another Migration Debate’ Bangkok Post, 17th Feb 2010.
- Hall, A. (2010) ‘Managing Migration in 2010: Effective Registration or Effective Deportation’ Nation, 11th January 2010.
- Hall, A. (2009) ‘Nationality Verification of Burmese Migrants: Meaningful Debate’ Nation, 30th October
- Hall, A. and Johnstone, R. (2005) ‘Exploring the Re-Criminalising of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Breaches in the Context of Industrial Death’ Flinders Journal of Law Reform 8(1): 57 (Australia).
- Haines, F and Hall, A. (2004) ‘The Law and Order Debate in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)’ Journal of Occupational Health and Safety – Australia and New Zealand 19: 263 (Australia).
- Hall, A., Johnstone, R. and Ridgway, A. (2004) Reflection On OHS Reforms: Developing Criminal Accountability For Industrial Deaths, Australian National Research Centre for Occupational Health and Safety, Australian National University, Working Paper 33 (Australia).
- McMahon, G., Hall, A., Hayward, G., Hudson, C., and Roberts, C. (2004) Basic Skills Programmes in the Probation Service: An Evaluation of the Basic Skills Pathfinder, United Kingdom Home Office Online Report 14/04 (UK).
Other articles to read:
See the following for background detailed information and briefings on the European Parliament and former European Commissioner of Trade’s resolution and support for Andy Hall’s advocacy regarding the Natural Fruit case and Andy Hall’s requests to the European Commission.